Famous and Inspiring Quotes:
Fun Ideas for the Kids at Home
- Scavenger hunt in neighbourhood. Im sure there are picture hunts on-line that you can use or else make up your own. (cars, dogs, bird, tree, fire hydrant, store, plane, etc)
- Play I spy with colors. Ask children to find something that is blue etc and bring it to you.
- Make a collage with things collected from a walk
- Make play dough and then play with it.
- Make a cereal necklace
- Make a musical parade using items from the kitchen as instruments
- Host a tea party.. bake cookies and then ask Dad to join in
- Bowl using empty bottles as pins
- Make a car wash for bikes or riding toys
- Race pompoms by blowing them with a straw
- Make masks with paper bags or paper plates and decorate them
- Play the game WAR… or Go Fish…..you may have to look up the rules online
- Do a puzzle
- Let your child read you a story by looking at the pictures or make up a story together and they can draw and color the pictures
- Plant a seed and watch it grow.
- Keep a balloon in the air as long as possible
- Play hot and cold with a hidden object
- Get the kids helping in the kitchen, doing dishes, scrubbing potatoes, peeling carrots
- Use cooking tools to play in water. Add some food colouring for fun
- Set up a sheet(fort) in the living room and let the children make a bed and bring fav toys into it.
- Yard work, bagging leaves, raking etc.
- Hopping outside on the grass in a pillow case
Some ideas children can work on independently:
- Children like sorting, so if you can think of about 4 items that you can mix in a bowl then have them separate them into 4 smaller bowls.
- Folding laundry…. it can be pretend laundry that you don’t care if its folded properly or dropped on the floor.
- Sweep the floor using a small broom and dust pan
- Make hand or body shadows using a flashlight in a dark space
- Snowball toss…..use socks or crunched up paper for snowballs and children throw them in a basket.
|Please send in pictures and videos and we will plan on posting them on next months newsletter. We are all in this together and now more than ever it is nice to connect with others.|
Here is a link for more preschool ideas:
A LIST POSTED BY A GROUP OF HOMESCHOOLERS:
- Beast Academy (Math)
- Khan Academy
- Creative Bug
- Discovery Education
- Crash Course Kids
- Science Channel
- SciShow Kids
- National Geographic Kids
- Free School
- Geography Focus
- Kids Learning Tube
- Geeek Gurl Diaries
- Mike Likes Science
- Science Max
Scholastic has created a free learn-from-home site with 20+ days of learning and activities.
Pretend to travel the world..Go on a virtual tour of these 12 famous museums.
This is the awesome free curriculum that we use. Everything from preschool activities to 12th grade is here!
List of thinking games by grade:
More awesome free learning websites